Issue: A controversial plan for a 350-space parking garage at 4th Avenue and 4th Street is being quietly rushed through City Council during the summer months when so many folks are out of town escaping the heat. If we don’t act, this will be a fait accompli by August 16th.
Coalition: ONA has joined with Coquina Sands, Lake Park, River Park, Citizens for Preserving Naples, Protect Naples and a half dozen condominium associations to form the Naples Garage Coalition.
Position: The Coalition strongly opposes the misapplication of $15MM of taxpayers’ money to place a 350-space parking garage at this location, and is aggressively pressing the City to consider better options.
Information: The Coalition has created a website (www.44garage.com) to present the many problems associated with this proposal.
What you can do: Please take half an hour to review the material on the Coalition website and then take the following critical steps:
- Let us know your views (at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign the petition to reject a large parking garage in a residential neighborhood
- Send a short letter to the Editor of the Naples Daily News. The rules and the online form are here, or you can email the letter directly here.
- Speak to (239-213-1000) or email members of the City Council
- Share your concerns, this email, and the website, with everyone you believe will be concerned about this project
- Urge your association to join the Coalition (email@example.com to discuss)
- Check our Facebook page to stay up-to-date in this fast-moving situation
- Mark your calendars for the following critical City meetings:
- City Council Workshop, August 14, 2017, 8:30 AM
- CRA Meeting, August 15, 2017, 8:30 AM
- City Council Meeting, August 16, 2017, 8:30 AM